Books I Like

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Strange File Upload Problem in safari

Last week one of the front end developer from my team mailed us the problem he was getting while trying to upload a file in Safari 3.0.3 on windows. He sent that, because he was getting some null pointer exception from the server (500 Error). Although, it was running perfectly on Firefox and IE.

Unfortunately, I had not the access to the server side code. However, the NPE suggested that something is not being passed to the server side.

After a little search got to this link http://www.webmasterworld.com/macintosh_webmaster/3300569.htm, which suggests:-
This happens if you set display:none in your onsubmit function, which is often used to hide the form during the upload.

After avoiding "display:none", the problem was fixed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about the prevalence of technology in our day to day lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further advances, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.zoomshare.com/2.shtml]R4 SDHC[/url] DS S3)

Get at Amazon